Recently married, I have found that my life has completely changed. Despite the fact that change is normally intimidating, the recent changes to my life have been welcome. I have an extremely patient husband and a beautiful home. The blessings are abundant in Indiana. I spend my days in my classroom, nuturing the adolescent minds that will one day run the world (which, I might add, is a terrifying thought). I expect that this new phase of blogging will include a diverse array of entries, mostly because my life is chaos, and I LOVE it.
"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one...just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had." -The Great Gatsby
"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." - Wuthering Heights
"I was half in love with her by the time we sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are." - The Catcher in the Rye
"In a universe of ambiguity, this kind of certainty comes only once, and never again, no matter how many lifetimes you live." -The Bridges of Madison County
"A feeling of exultation overtook her, as if some power of significant import had been given her to control the working of her body and her soul. She grew daring and reckless, overestimating her strength. She wanted to swim far out, where no woman had swum before." -The Awakening
"The mockery made him feel an outsider; and feeling an outsider he behaved like one, which increased the prejudice against him and intensified the contempt and hostility aroused by his physical defects. Which in turn increased his sense of being alien and alone. A chronic fear of being slighted made him avoid his equals, made him stand, where his inferiors were concerned, self-consciously on his dignity." -Brave New World
"I kissed her and saw that her eyes were shut. I kissed both her shut eyes. I thought she was probably a little crazy. It was all right if she was. I did not care what I was getting into. This was better than going every evening to the house for officers where the girls climbed all over you and put your cap on backwards as a sign of affection between their trips upstairs with other officers." - A Farewell to Arms
"'I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think: was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!'" - Alice in Wonderland
No comments:
Post a Comment