Sunday, November 29, 2009

bye bye birdie.

Looking down at the scale, I know that the wonderful food is not the only thing packing on those pounds. I find myself filled with warmth and joy. Cheesy? Maybe, but I am happy to admit that I had such a wonderful vacation and enjoyed not just the Florida heat, but the memories that were made.

Visiting Grandma Jo and Dan in Florida is something that I have always wished I could do more often, but as everyone knows, time slips away from you and things pile up. Therefore, when I do make it to the wonderful city of Tallahassee, I am sure to enjoy every minute I am there because I'm not sure when the next opportunity will present itself.

This trip was truly wonderful. Sitting around the table on Thanksgiving, realizing just how lucky I was, made me thoroughly enjoy my time even more than I have in the past. Any trip that consists of sunshine, food, Borders, Christmas lights, football, and family is a trip that I would not be willing to miss.

Although I am relieved to be home and out of my suitcase, I am already missing the sunshine and family in Florida. While I know the times ahead are fun and exciting, it's always a relief to know that there is a place waiting for me when I need some sun and hugs.

I can't help but sigh as I pack my things for the upcoming week in Chicago. Scarves? Boots? Jeans? Sweaters? Jackets? Gloves? Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment